Report from Life

RFL is my personal blog about my life in New York City. I blog to share my stories with friends.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Anti-robot. Quasi-

Freelancers Union often posted their posters on NYC subways. Their symbol is a bee hive surrounded by three bees.
Being a freelancer means busy not just working, but busy changing jobs too. I cannot say how many times I have changed employer in the past few years. I changed my employment yet again. I do not always have something lined up when employment takes a break, because I always feel the need to take a break myself. I am the opposite of a robot---I do not like working repetitively; I need to be entertained even at work. 

I do not even want to remember what I did at the last job. I think I forgot already. I am only glad I do not have to work there for too long. It is like going to bathroom --- it is okay to be there for a little bit, but not too long. Life is out there, not in there.

I will never ever work for a southern Chinese company again, Cantonese or otherwise. I do not like their way of living, working, talking, thinking. There is no way around it for me. I think it is personal. Why am I even mentioning them, for they are not even worth mentioning. I know I am seemingly generalizing, but it is fair to say at least some Chinese are very shamefully annoying. Chinese is a overly large group of people of all sorts. Unfortunately they were horribly represented in America. Tragically horrible --- slave jobs, tax evasion, dirty floors, ugly accent, worship of money, yelling and screaming, and many more. 

The point is, I am fed up. 

Would it be discrimination to say I am not like them? 

I am ethnically northern Chinese. My family is from the middle of the Middle Nation. Middle Nation is the literal name of China since 1911. 

But in America there is no community of middle Chinese. Most East Asian here are south coast Chinese, Taiwanese, Koreans. 

Most of my friends are not Asians. 

I am Asian, but I am not like Asian.  





No comments:

Post a Comment