Report from Life

RFL is my personal blog about my life in New York City. I blog to share my stories with friends.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Street Salsa! "Learn to Salsa---Change your life?" But I think it is addictive!


I like to dance. I haven't danced much recently. I took ballet and jazz dance classes in college, and I loved them.

But I have just learned Salsa can change your life! That's according to the organizer of street salsa on 14th street and 9th avenue. Every Thursdays from June till September, you can learn to salsa for free on the street---and there are dozens of dancers.

Some of them were good salsa dancer, really good. I was so impressed that I took a video of two dancers.





There is another place to go. Last Sunday night I went to the free salsa night at Sheraton Hotel on 160 west 25th. There is no class there, just dancing. I was impressed for the first time. Today the second time here on the street.

Salsa music is fun too. You have to like its warmness, the love of life, simple life.

I have a friend who used to live in Peru. He said he had stomach aches in Hong Kong where he grew up, after moving to Peru his sickness was healed. Because he became more relaxed over time, influenced by the local easy going culture. He said that people would be drinking beer all the time and fall asleep on the street afterwards---like all people who get drunk. Most people were poor in South America, but they find happiness in simple life. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment